So this is it – the “before” state of my beauty life as I embark on this mad make-up induced path I envision in my head. As I am still ill, cozy on the couch with a nice mug of hot tea (and a cookie, obviously), I decided to just dig in and see what we come up with. Now, let’s get started!
1. Do you remember your first make-up item?
Sure! It was a glittery light-blue eyeshadow. Similar to a Color Tattoo. Quite nice, but I lost it after a couple of days of carrying it around everywhere. Then I never really bothered to ask for something else. Because I was a dancer my whole teenage period, I owned more make-up than most kids those days. Maybe some experience with it scared me off the whole idea of make up and I just can’t remember it? Must ask my mum about it.
2. Describe you perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?
Black. And not clumpy. What I learned in the past month is that my eyelashes are really long, so I need to add volume and curl them more than I need to lengthen them. Now I need to find the perfect mascara to help me do that.
3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation?
I don’t even understand this questions? A foundation is supposed to cover, right? Why would you use it otherwise?
4. Favorite high end brand?
Chanel. I did/do actually own quite a lot of Chanel by some curious twist of fate. Long story.
5. What cosmetic brand have you always wanted to try but still haven’t?
Well, I would be lying if I said that I’ve always wanted to try the following, but I am actually really looking forward to buying them on the upcoming shopping haul overseas: Benefit, Real Techniques, Josie Maran, Urban Decay, Too Faced, NYX, Covergirl etc. Soooo many of them. I’m bringing an extra suitcase.
6. Favorite drugstore brand?
Probably L’Oreal. Or Maybeline. I really go for the product, not the brand. When I find one I like I just stick to it. That must change.
7. Do you wear fake eyelashes?
No. Putting glue near my eyes sounds like a mad idea to me right now. But never say never.
8. Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without?
Foundation. Although I’m about to turn 30, my skin is still acting up – probably as a consequence of my not-so-stellar routine.
9. What is your most cherished beauty product?
It would have to be my curling iron. It gives me the happy hair when I am feeling like it.
10. How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there or get lots of goodies at once?
When I run out of at least two items (or I’m scraping the bottom), I usually go and repurchase them. Yes, the same brand and same product, if possible. I’m just awful that way.
11. Do you have a “beauty budget” or you spend freely?
Considering the limited amount of things I buy, I don’t even need a beauty budget. I could buy pretty much anything and my wallet wouldn’t suffer terribly. But I am setting a budget for my USA make-up haul, which is quite substantial in my opinion. In a couple of weeks, when the lists are finalized, I will post them here. Any feedback on the lists will be highly appreciated. And than we can compare the wishlists to the actual purchases after I return.
12. Do you utilize coupons, reward cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
Sure, if there’s a chance. But as I rarely shop for make-up or cosmetics in general, I don’t plan my purchases around sales
13. What type of product do you buy the most of?
Foundation. Just because it’s the thing I use the most of.
14. Is there a brand that you absolutely can’t stand?
No. I think that you could most likely find a good product with any brand, if you tried enough.
15. Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulfates?
Stuff I should avoid? Something else to wrap my head around. Great.
16. Do you have a favorite place to shop for make-up?
Local drugstores and beauty shops. Nothing you’ve heard of before, most likely. Maybe you know Drogerie Markt (DM), if you’re from Europe.
17. Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine?
I used to be really self-confident, but now I’m getting out there and shopping. So my routine regularly changes. I’m thinking of investing in a Clairsonic or a similar device to see if that will help my skin.
18. Favorite bath and body brand?
Body shop for body, Nivea and Lush for bath.
19. If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
I would probably go for something high-end and what I’m familiar with. So probably Chanel.
20. What brand do you think has the best packaging?
Hmmmm… from what I’ve gathered by now, the Benefit packaging looks sooo pretty. I can’t wait to get some of my own. Wait what? Did I really just say that???
21. Which celebrity always has great make-up?
I’m thinking Kim Kardashian with her contouring. I also want to say Blake Lively, she always looks so pretty and fresh.
22. Do you belong to any online make up communities?
Nope. I don’t belong to any online communities, period.
23. 5 favorite beauty gurus?
That would be Zoella, missglamorazzi, Tati, Meghan Rienks and Charlie Joe.
24. Do you like multifunctional products like lip and cheek stains?
No idea. Must get some first, then I’ll comment on this.
25. Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
Haha, are you looking at me? At ME? Obviously I’m supper clumsy, but I’m getting better. I actually made a line the other they that ran next to my eye as opposed to looking like a 4th grader did it.
26. Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
I can proudly say that I do. I just bough it a couple of weeks ago and it really does wonders. I don’t know how I didn’t know about these products before.
27. How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
Hairspray in the morning, some leave-in oil at night. Plus an occasional curler or straightner, depending on my mood.
28. What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
First concealer, than foundation. Than concealer again, if necessary. But I’m still getting a hang of putting on foundation correctly, so this might change eventually.
29. Do you ever consider taking make-up classes?
Not really. I mean, that’s why we have Youtube, right? 😉
30. What do you love about make-up?
Well, even I know that make-up makes you look the best you can be, but maybe even more importantly, it makes you feel like you look your best. So as a confidence booster, it’s a must for every girl, right? Right???
Ufff, the end! I must give it to you straight, my dear readers, I didn’t exactly do them in the order they are written, because I initially just gave up on some questions, but worked my way back to them. It was not an easy task though, so give me a virtual “thumbs-up” in a form of a comment if you liked it.
Coming up next: The reason behind the fact I will be buying insane amounts of cosmetics in the USA.
Until next time, stay beautiful!