Yesterday, my significant other watched me put on make-up from start to finish while he was taking a shower. When I was done he was utterly amused by the fact that I am writing my blog under the »low-maintenance beauty« name. Because, in his words, I’m anything but. And you know what? After reviewing my morning routine I realized he is right. What I want to know from you is if you find the bottom list something normal – something you do as well – or am I taking it a step too far?
- moisturizer (Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel) and lipbalm (EOS)
- face primer (Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser) + fingers
- eye primer (Too Faced Shadow Insurance) + fingers
- liquid foundation (Rimmel Match Perfection) + Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge
- compact powder (Bourjois Healthy Balance) + BH Cosmetics Powder Brush
- light concealer (Make Up Revolution Concealer) + Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge
- under-eye concealer (Instant Age Rewind Concealer) + Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge
- bronzer (Tarte Mineral Bronze Powder) + Ecotools powder brush
- blush (NYX Blush in Pinched) + BH Cosmetics Blush Brush
- eyebrow powder (NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder) + brush that comes with it
- eyebrow gel (Essence Lash and Brow gel)
- eyeshadow (Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette) + 3 BH Cosmetics eyeshadow brushes for application and blending
- eyelash curler (no idea of the brand, picked it up at Walmart for a few $)
- mascara (1 coat of Maybelline Volum Express Colossal Mascara + 1 coat of Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara)
- eyeliner (Maybelline Master Precise liquid eyeliner)
- lip liner (Uma Cosmetics)
- lipstick (Barry M)
- setting spray (e.l.f. Make-up Mist & Set)
Total? 19 products and 9 tools.
I’ll be the first to admit that this is a full face of make-up, although I apply it in a way that is still appropriate for daytime. I mainly separate daytime and night time looks by the amount of contouring and the darkness of the eyeshadow – there is probably some other things that could also be taken into account? How do you change your daytime/night-time make-up?